Alan Walker speaks to Yodel’s Head of Resourcing Ben Gledhill, on how he is transforming hiring in their business.
- About his role as Head of Resourcing at Yodel
- How he has revolutionised driver recruitment and candidate experience via ChatBots
- Why the challenge of a large transformation project attracted him
- Where to start with a transformation project
- Why quick wins are important, but the long term goal should be fundamental change
- Why having the right people in place should be the first step
- About key parts of his project – process, attraction, onboarding and retention
- How hiring employed and self-employed people offers different challenges
- Why it’s important not to be distracted by shiny tech, and it’s important to do your homework
- That positioning Resourcing as a key strategic business partner has been the most important thing he has achieved
- Why TA doesn’t need a seat at the main board!
- About the key changes he has made from a tech perspective
- How recruiter experience can be as important as candidate experience
- Why automation tech isn’t about headcount reduction, it’s about headcount optimisation