Caroline Evans and Alan Walker discuss how some of the techniques used in consumer marketing can be equally successful in recruitment marketing – and why those two things are so similar.
In this conversation with Caroline we talked about:
- How the techniques used in non-recruitment B2C marketing can be used in recruitment marketing.
- Personas – what they are, and how they are used to inform a B2C marketing strategy.
- How personas can be used in recruitment marketing.
- How to start building out personas, and techniques used to define them.
- The number of digital touch-points it takes to convert a customer, and how retargeting is an essential part of a marketing strategy.
- The challenges around attributing the source of leads, and the relationships between channels.
- How “offline” (i.e. non-traditional digital) can be an effective addition to digital marketing channels.
- The importance of tracking every stage of the customer journey.
- Automation, and how it complements the art of marketing.
- How personalisation is key to brand differentiation.
- Measuring the success of marketing in a B2C environment, and KPI’s that can be used.
- Building brand awareness, its importance, and checking whether people understand it.