In this episode, Alan Walker talks to Emma Neary about direct sourcing and the important role that candidate experience plays. They discuss what an organisation needs to do to move towards a direct sourcing model, the important things to be mindful of, and some of the quick wins that can accelerate this approach.
- The key things that need to change to move towards a direct sourcing model
- How to move a recruiter from being an order-taker to being a business partner
- The essential elements of taking a recruitment brief and the need to ask “why?”
- How taking a brief improves the ability for a recruiter to support candidates through the recruitment process
- What a recruitment team can do to be seen as strategically important
- How infusing a recruitment culture throughout an organisation can deliver better results
- Things we can do to improve the candidate experience
- The role of technology and how it can support a direct sourcing strategy
- What technology can do better than humans
- The importance of the recruitment process moving quickly and the bottlenecks to work on.
- How an organisation can market their opportunities more effectively