Emma Neary and Alan Walker talk direct sourcing, and how candidate experience plays a big part in this. They discussed what an organisation needs to do to move towards a direct sourcing model, the important things to be mindful of, and some of the quick wins that can accelerate this approach.
In this conversation with Emma we discussed:
- The key things that need to change to move towards a direct sourcing model.
- How to move a recruiter from being an order taker to being a business partner.
- The essential elements of taking a recruitment brief, and the need to ask “why?”
- How taking a brief improves the ability for a recruiter to support candidates through the recruitment process.
- What a recruitment team can do to be seen as strategically important.
- How infusing a recruitment culture throughout an organisation, can deliver better results.
- Things we can do to improve the candidate experience.
- The role of technology, and how it can support a direct sourcing strategy.
- What technology can do better than humans.
- The importance of the recruitment process moving quickly, and the bottlenecks to work on.
- How an organisation can market their opportunities more effectively.