Hung Lee and Alan Walker discuss how building a personal brand can help with both short-term goals and long-term career aspirations, and how growing a community needs the right approach – but the benefits can be amazing.
In this conversation with Hung we discussed:
- The importance of building a personal brand in the recruitment space.
- What a recruiter can do to build their personal brand.
- What collaboration and partnerships can be the key to success.
- How being present and active online can accelerate relationships.
- What a talent acquisition leader can do to position themselves as influencers or thought leaders.
- What triggered the idea behind Recruiting Brainfood, and the benefits Hung has seen from developing his personal brand.
- How recruiters can build and leverage communities.
- Why members must “self-identify” to be truly part of the community.
- What community members expect, and how to encourage engagement.
- The benefits of building communities for recruiters, when they should consider doing so, and the ROI.
- Why supporting existing communities, rather than building your own, can be beneficial.