In this episode, Alan Walker speaks with Theo Smith about neurodiversity in hiring and employment.
They talked about:
- Why being a champion of neurodiversity is important to him
- His journey of exploration and how this has been driven by finding out that he, himself, is neurodiverse
- The fact that 15% of the population think differently and are neurodiverse
- What he’s doing to be an advocate for neurodiversity
- Some of the initiatives businesses (including NICE) are undertaking around this topic
- Why it is important for employers to look at neurodiversity, particularly when hiring
- How employers can become better at hiring (and retaining) neurodiverse talent and some of the challenges they’ll need to overcome
- Why businesses shouldn’t be afraid of neurodiversity, and how it’s all about treating people as individuals.